Michael Parenti is a political connoisseur for the liberal-minded. He is also an acclaimed political activist that takes aim at the U.S. media. I am writing this blog because I recently finished his book "Inventing Reality" which is a critique of journalists, newsrooms, press release wires, editors, corporate elites, and advertisers. The U.S. media is owned and operated by 5, arguably 6 conglomerates who have their own interests as to what should be covered in the news and how. Advertisers are an integral part too. Former CBS president Frank Stanton once said, "Since we are advertiser-supported, we must take into account the general objective and desires of advertisers as a whole." Hoover vacuums went as far as pulling their support from a network because two soap operas were cancelled and Hoover's CEO had a wife and mother who really enjoyed the shows. Is this really the world we live in? This country was founded on the ideals of the people. Today Americans are censored to the point that its subliminal, people don't know what they don't know. If U.S. foreign policy was presented to the public as it is in independent documentaries, newspapers, and every other country in the world, I think a lot of people would feel the way I feel.
Anyways, this is the definition of rambling, I titled this Michael Parenti and here I am. I consider myself fortunate though to have access to the type of things mainstream media censors. I enjoy being very adamant about my stance on U.S. media and it appears it isn't going anywhere!
No comments:
Post a Comment