Monday, October 1, 2012

coverage of politics

The first presidential debate is only two days away.  Now all the speculation can subside and reaction to actual confrontation can occur.  I can't stand all the headlines that keep you updated on the presidential polls.  What the hell does it all mean?  Especially pre-debate?  How can a news agency gather voting tendencies nationwide and be able to pinpoint percentage fluctuations daily?  I just think the coverage of politics is bullshit in general.  Official sources make statements for the purpose of White House public relations and for the reporter to go back to the newsroom with a quote.  Newspapers keep relationships with official sources in order to consistently produce stories with "justification".   Woodward and Bernstein became famous for uncovering a scandal in the White House, but I can't even fathom something like that happening today because of the integration of press and state.

No comments:

Post a Comment