Sunday, September 16, 2012
My news diet consists of an array of sources from online sites, newspapers, as well as television. In this day and age, where else does one turn for news? I keep my list of news outlets consistent so I don't waste my time with extreme views that I generally don't read. My first instinct is to go online and skim through headlines to get a gauge as to what significant happenings are occurring that given day. Some websites have in depth articles that I can acquire most of the known knowledge on the event. Others such as Yahoo are too entertainment focused and rely on videos, pictures, and cliffhanger headlines to attract and retain readership. Once I come across news online, I usually go to the T.V. for actual time reporting such as CNN's Newsroom that runs for the majority of the mid-morning and afternoon hours. I turn to the newspaper when I become exhausted with the online news factory. There's a sort of comfort that comes along with reading the newspaper. Waking up with the sunrise, brewing warm coffee, alongside toast or a bagel, and reading the paper is a norm I can only wish I grew up with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment